Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Dive into the rain

Woke up to the sound of pouring rain this morning. Another typhoon is passing through Tokyo, it seems. The previous typhoon brought autumn here, so I'm hoping this one will bring early winter and possibly snow in town. Well, probably not, but my favorite season is undoubtedly getting near.

I love a rainy morning like this. I feel like I have so much more freedom than I do on a sunny day. Why is it the case, I wonder? I guess it's because I'm definitely not an outdoor person and secretly and sometimes even proudly an introvert. I can be a hermit without guilt, so my plan for the day is to dive into the world of poetry.


Rain
                             Raymond Carver

Woke up this morning with
a terrific urge to lie in bed all day
and read. Fought against it for a minute.

Then looked out the window at the rain.
And gave over. Put myself entirely
in the keep of this rainy morning.

Would I live my life over again?
Make the same unforgiveable mistakes?
Yes, given half a chance. Yes.








No comments:

Post a Comment